Image Map

Bug Out! A rhyming word activity

16 April 2013

So many of you downloaded Bug Out! a Multiple Meaning Word Activity that came with the Spring into Speech Bloghop  that the bugs are back, and now they're rhyming!

This packet contains 58 rhyming word cards (29 pairs) and 6 open-ened "BUG OUT!" foil cards, to which you decide their effect! Positive or negative, it's up to you.
Game play is simple
-Cards can be stacked and drawn 1 at a time. When your student draws 1 at a time, they have to spontaneously produce a rhyme. If they produce a correct rhyme, they keep the card. If they are wrong, the card goes back in the stack.
-Cards are laid our in a memory-type game format, and 2 cards are flipped over at once. If the cards that are flipped match, the pair is kept. Replace the taken cards with 2 new. The player with the most correct rhyming pairs wins!
This quick, 10-page document can be picked up in my TPT store here! I'm also giving away a set-leave a blog post comment and I will pick 1 comment at random tomorrow (4/17/13) evening. Good luck-enjoy!



20 comments:

  1. The bugs are so cute! I need a new rhyming activity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This a very cute set! We were just working on rhyming yesterday. What I like about this set is that it looks like it has lots of word pairs. Would love to win a copy.
    twmorlan@gmail.com

    GoldCountrySLP

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like a very fun and engaging activity for rhyming! Thanks for the chance to win :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All those little boys on my caseload love bugs and I love rhyming. Great product! emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is fantastic! can't wait to use them. kayepee12@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bugs are such a fun spring activity!
    cpnass@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! This looks like a fun activity to work on rhyming. asantore@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the bugs for spring and summer! Looks like a lot of fun for boys and girls alike! bjandour3sons@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have just added a couple of new clients who are working on this skill! This would be great to use with them! straightupspeech@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a cute activity! My kids would love it! teachingthroughturbulence@gmail.com

    Heather Salsman
    Teaching Through Turbulence

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always in need of rhyming activities and the graphics on this set are great for the kids! beachc4@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is a great activity and the clipart is very spring oriented

    ReplyDelete
  13. What cute bugs! Kids will love this! c_bisgard@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the multisylllabic set and love what I have seen of these!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have been working on rhyming with several of my students lately. This would be a nice addition! Love the bugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are so cute! My kids would love bug themes. This was be great for my school caseload. Thanks for the giveaway for this cute packet!
    nicoleslpa@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love working on rhyming! Looks great!
    Christina@QuietCornerSpeech.com

    ReplyDelete